Aloha Oe, Kauai

Aloha Oe, Kauai

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Plans progressing; getting closer, and further away :)







Thursday August 19th: said Aloha Oe this morning to Paul as he is headed back to our second home in Kauai to tie up the loose ends, finish out his job, prepare to take the shorter trip to meet me in Abu Dhabi--most likely via Manila, rather than via New York.

After a few snags, I finally received a travel date of Thursday 26 August from JFK in New York as I have remained here in Connecticut after the services for Paul's mother Shirley who passed away last Monday. It is a good feeling to have confirmed travel date, however I am now in limbo; packed, ready, and still waiting another week. I continue to remind myself that life is a journey, not a destination, and the fun comes "between the dashes". Still, I'm already there in Abu Dhabi, in my head. My heart is in Hawaii with Paul and friends there, and here in Connecticut, and with my son and daughter- in -law in Virginia, and with my sister and neices and nephew on Cape Cod...with some room left for my new Teach Away friends who are still waiting to leave, too.

Posting pictures of my sweet niece Tara and her gorgeous, ebullient, darling, friendly, healthy happy daughter Kayla during our visit at Mystic Seaport.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Patty my far away friend!!!
    I pray all is well and things are going along as planned...not that it ever happens because i think life happens and every moment is subject to change...I know your heart, I know what you are dealing with emotionally, spiritually and never mind physically...But, you do have endurance, a quality that is hard for me to acquire...Again, I ask...how did this happen...I thought it was always me telling you...yet I cherish your thoughts and prayers...Gotta see the movie "Bonneville"...you will appreciate it...in your spare time, we have Neflix and so it is on DVD...I love you, be safe and always know i love you and you and Paul are in my prayers when things remind me of you...
    Love you always, Peggy

    ReplyDelete