Aloha Oe, Kauai

Aloha Oe, Kauai

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Yay! I received my travel date! Friday the 13th!

Irony: Placed my cellphone down somewhere in the condo early this morning, forgot where I left it as I was bumping around, wanting to get some work done before Lena awoke and required my attention. I was wide awake at 2:30 AM, anticipating Paul's call. Heard a faint beeping indicating that I had missed a call; luckily I used our third cellphone to call myself. Found the phone in the pocket of my shorts. I missed four calls, dang it! Just as I was checking the missed calls, the phone rang-- it was Myra in Abu Dhabi asking if Friday the 13th of August travel date works for me?

I laughed a quiet laugh.

I explained the situation to Myra who was lovely-- despite her working overtime and on weekends lately. My first conversation with someone from Abu Dhabi--thank you Myra for being so understanding, and for giving me hope that everyone there is as sweet and kind and understanding as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment